Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow day in Portland January 2007

I wanted to post a movie of Django playing in the snow, but it took far too much memory, so you only get to see his profile. A handsome devil, no? We got about 4 inches of snow yesterday. I was on call, so had to stay the night in the hospital. Being on call requires that I'm able to get to the hospital within 30 minutes and I was afraid that wouldn't have been possible during the night due to icy conditions. It wasn't bad and I was able to come home early. The hospital paid for my cab ride home, so that worked out fine. Bill and Django and I decided to take advantage of the mild conditions and played in the street for about an hour. Nobody goes anywhere when there is snow here. No snow removal equipment to speak of. I'm looking forward to a couple days at home. Still trying to decide about cancelling a dentist appointment or not. Hmm.

Not much else going on around here. I'll be heading for Pittsburgh on Feb. 8, so I'll try to post another blog after that. Let me know if this is worthwhile.
xoxo,
Maddy

No comments: